Good morning fanbase, I’ve been beyond busy the past few weeks and have been largely absent from the blogosphere. Here’s a brief summary of what I’ve been doing:
- Work: I had a huge project deadline last Friday that zapped most of my energy and time. (I spent this weekend laying around a lot, a LOT)
- I’ve been dealing with various aches and pains associated with training (read: overtraining).
- I’ve had some ups and downs in mood and disposition the past few weeks as well.
- My bike decided to explode last Monday (see picture)
- Did I mention that work has been crazy?
- I’ve also been around 10-15 hrs of training per week, my volume is there but, my speed, is not.
All in all, things have been chaotic as of late. Tie this madness together with preparing to move (end of the month) and a hugely prolonged Winter makes for a busy spring!
The Big News
- I registered for Beach2Battleship full last night!
- Since my tri bike is currently back at the spa for repairs (thanks to my awesome Dad), I’m taking this time to become acquainted with my steel-frame road bike. We went on a crazy ride yesterday in the cold and wind. (See Image)
- I had a great long run on Saturday. Alex and I ventured out to the Lake Nokomis area and both had 12-milers. We ended at Angry Catfish Coffee Shop so, life was extra awesome. (See image)
- With Cera being gone, I’ve taken time to go through every mechanical piece from the bike and everything is now in tip-top, clean and fast shape. Everything is a little bit more…well, stealth, as well.
- Now I’ll get a slight reprieve at work so I can re-focus on training and moving!
- April 21 is the “official” start to race season with the Oshkosh Half Marathon. I’m jazzed.
- Our move-in date is April 28th and we couldn’t be more excited to be Lowry Hill residents, it’s an awesome step for us!
That’s all, for now. I’ll keep you all updated a bit better, moving forward.